EJ591 – Site Operatives (Various Shifts Available)
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £8.72 per hour + overtime
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking Site Operatives on behalf of one of our clients.
The Site Operative is accountable for ensuring no disruption to operational capability across the site as a result of waste backlog or incorrect processing.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all applications will be considered.
The role will cover a working week of 5 out of 7 days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with warehouse staff and advise the staff in waste segregation along with best practice. This will involve coordinating on site services, implementing recycling initiatives/innovation, keeping the contract manager updated on a daily basis as of any operational blockers and improvement suggestions, plans and projects.
- Site Operative is also key in setting the highest standards of H&S on a day to day basis and adding demonstratable value to the client and contract.
- Complying with all company and client site specific health and safety standards and procedures.
- Delivering of contractual KPIs.
- Working and communicating to standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining operational continuity with regards waste processing, storage and disposal.
- Driving improvements in waste recycling and diversion rates.
- Compliancy with waste segregation, processing on and disposal off site.
- Reporting of bad and advising on best practice.
- Ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping within the operational area of waste management.
- Willingness to train on FLT/MHE as cover for the weekend.
- Raising any issues to the Contract Manager and Client that may have a financial or operational affect. For example, but not limited to contamination of waste streams, damage to containers or other operational assets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good fitness, health and mobility.
- Fort Lift Truck (FLT) Licence.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Good timekeeper.
- Possesses good communication skills, including the written word.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching
- Generous pension scheme
- Medical and dental scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Bike to work scheme