First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Site Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
You will be responsible for managing all disciplines, workers and subcontractors on site and ensuring that everyone has the information and equipment they need to complete their activities safely and on time.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage all site-based projects from installation through to commissioning, ensuring compliance with all OH&S and environmental requirements as well as quality and programme.
- Work on client sites as well as in Company workshop/ office as required.
- The ability to specify job requirements and the parts/ equipment/ materials needed.
- Carry out/ assist with installation and testing works if required.
- Responsibility for all occupational health and safety and environmental aspects on site.
- Completion and maintenance of all Company paperwork including the Site Safety Folder.
- Completion and management of all required paperwork in a professional and timely manner to demonstrate site safety, management and works are in accordance with Company Policies and CDM requirements as well as any specific Client requirements.
- Survey equipment systems and plans to be able to scope out works and identify equipment required.
- To bring to the site team decisive and strong leadership.
- To be results driven – ensuring all works are completed timely but safely.
- Ordering of all necessary equipment and materials on site.
- Tracking of all hours, equipment, works and accidents carried out on site including daily briefings, inductions and safety reporting as required by the Company’s procedures.
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers.
- Continued training and development.
- Utilise design drawings and manufacturer’s installation manuals to manage the installation of assigned projects.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures and work instructions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Site Supervisor or Manager ideally in the UK water sector.
- Ability to understand and implement company systems, procedures and design information.
- NVQ or C&G level 3 in appropriate discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
- SMSTS Course completed.
- CSCS card is preferable.
- NEBOSH or equivalent in construction management preferable.