Shift Master Technician
JB74: Shift Master Technician
Salary: £18.63 per hour
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Shift Master Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
The purpose of this role is to maintain vehicles to the standard required by Stagecoach and DVSA to achieve maximum vehicle availability. This will include inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of Stagecoach vehicles including buses and coaches.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for routine inspection/maintenance of company vehicles in accordance with established company procedure including DVSA requirements.
- To diagnose faults by road testing vehicles and using various test / diagnostic equipment. Where necessary to refer to Fleet Engineer / Workshop Manager for approval for repair.
- To undertake repetitive mechanical, electrical and body repairs. To road test on completion of repair.
- To work in accordance with safe working practices as stated in Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To train/mentor apprentices, new recruits and others on NVQ programmes
- To keep abreast of environmental and technical developments.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by senior management that lies within the scope of the job holder’s responsibilities.
- To ensure that the needs of the traffic department are met and that enough vehicles are available to meet PVR.
- To ensure that all vehicles provided for operation comply with the standards set by the Company, and the DVSA.
- To supervise staff and contractors to ensure that vehicle presentation is maintained in accordance with cleaning specifications and that vehicles meet the standards required by Stagecoach and DVSA.
- To ensure that all appropriate documentation and records are maintained accurately in order to satisfy the requirements of the Department of Transport Operators licence and Stagecoach policies and procedures.
- To assist with accepting delivery of tyres, parts, lubricants and fuels when required.
- To ensure that all engineering staff/contractors comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, Health and Safety policy and other current legislation including COSHH and manual handling regulations. To bring to the attention of the management team any relevant deficiencies that may arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of all policies including Health and Safety and maintenance
- An understanding of Health and Safety legislation and practices
- An understanding of the standards required by DVSA and the Department of Transport
- An understanding of mechanical engineering and vehicle maintenance procedures for all types of vehicles operated by the garage
- Automotive electrics
- Bus bodywork
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to make decisions independently
- Able to analyse and fault find
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent reliability / attendance and time-keeping
- Ability to gain a PCV licence
Salary: £18.63 per hour