LT28 – Shift Manager
Salary: Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Shift Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
To guarantee that efficiency, quality and safety objectives connected to shift productivity activities are achieved, in compliance with group policies.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Shift Manager:
- Responsible for optimal personnel utilisation during shift.
- Responsible for managing investigations e.g. accident investigations, performance investigations etc.
- To promote a safety focused corporate culture.
- Guarantees that all safety legislation is met, HASAWA 1974, PUWER, LOLER etc.
- Enforces with all personnel the adherence to safety rules and guidelines, leading by example.
- Quality of all products made in conjunction with ISO 9001 quality system.
- Guarantees that products meet required technical specification.
- Enforces with all personnel the adherence to quality standards.
- Responsible for managing Cost Control.
- Manages direct reports and uses performance management framework to develop operators as business requirements.
- Promotes innovative solutions to maximise efficiency.
- Cooperates with maintenance office in order to guarantee the best possible production efficiency.
- Coordination with the other functions in charge of equipment operation.
- Coordination of size/production/setup changes in compliance with times and methods.
- To utilise the support, advice and guidance from the HR Manager to effectively conduct all responsibilities for people management.
- Drive company absence control procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels, taking a pro-active approach to absence management to include.
- Appropriate conversations are held with employees reporting absence.
- All requests for dependency/emergency leave are considered.
- Pro-active management of all long-term sickness cases.
- Ensure that risk assessments are arranged and conducted for all employees returning from a period of absence where required.
- Ensure that all return to work interviews are conducted immediately upon an employee returning to work.
- Ensure that informal and formal absence meetings are arranged and conducted in a timely manner where an absence trigger point has been hit, and the appropriate action is taken where required.
- Ensure that all cases of unauthorised absence are investigated promptly.
- Pro-active performance management.
- Ensure that probationary reviews are carried out for all new shift employees.
- Ensure that all employees undergo an effective annual appraisal that accurately appraises the true performance of the employee.
- Ensure that any employee who is under-performing or not meeting expectations is placed on a performance improvement plan.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary training and support to achieve the competency levels required to become an effective Operator.
- Ensure that all Operators are briefed on all new processes, procedures and job.
- Ensure direct communication with employees on an individual and team basis, to include:
- The roll-out of all new policies, procedures, working practices, Company initiatives.
- Resolution of any employee issues directly with the employee.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware of expectations.
- Ensure that all allegations are reported to the Production Manager and are investigated effectively in accordance with the disciplinary procedure.
- Ensure that all instances of minor misconduct are dealt with promptly.
- All instances of serious misconduct, or where an employee repeatedly commits acts of minor misconduct should be reported to the Production Manager immediately.
- Timekeeping must be managed effectively.
- Effective application of all Company, H&S and HR policies; ensuring that appropriate action is taken when employees fail to adhere to polic