MS233 – Shift Engineer
Salary: £46,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Shift Engineer.
The shifts for this role are from 6am – 6pm & vice versa.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Shift Engineer:
- Delivery of prompt reactive engineering support to Operations and of robust PPM provision.
- Working as part of the engineering team operating in line with SOPs, adherence to escalation procedure and in line with company principles.
- Responsibility for carrying out required engineering checks on plant and equipment.
- As part of engineering team, contributing to energy cost reduction initiatives and operation of site facilities to appropriate waste management/cost reduction and licence adherence standards.
- Achievement of KPI targets with downtime minimised by prompt reactive engineering support and proactive preventative maintenance.
- Engineering work carried out to expected time limits with appropriate use of escalation procedure to ensure achievement of KPIs and identification of potential process and engineering improvements.
- Completion of all required checks with follow up on faults/problems identified.
- Site targets for waste management and cost reduction met licence parameters complied with.
- Attendance at meetings as may be appropriate for the role.
- In common with all other members of staff, adherence to Company’s policies and procedures including food safety, Health and Safety, hygiene, and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties as may be required as part of the role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant engineering qualifications i.e., time-served electrician, 17th edition regulations.
- A minimum of 4 years practical experience in electrical/mechanical/control engineering.
- Experience in a frontline maintenance role in a 24/7 FMCG facility.
- Experience of working in a high-speed production environment (liquid milk/dairy environment desirable).
- PLC knowledge (beneficial).
- Proven expertise in reliability engineering and maintenance techniques.
- Experience of PPM systems.
- Strong ICT skills to include Microsoft Office packages (essential).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work within time constraints.
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and ensure targets achieved in fast-moving environment subject to change.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional role.
- 8% pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Life Assurance.