JB89: Service Technician
Salary: Up to £15.30 per hour (£40K+ OTE)
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for an Aftermarket Service Technician.
To liaise with potential clients to understand and quantify their requirements and prepare accurate documentation (quotes, estimates etc) accordingly to win the work.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Service Technician:
- To visit customer sites in order to repair/maintain automatic doors plus any other associated equipment ensuring the secure there safe working order to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Always adhere to company health and safety policies and procedures including risk assessments as and when required.
- The role will require you to provide scheduled and emergency maintenance cover and fault finding on automatic doors and systems out of hours where necessary, 24/7.
- To promote all company products as well as submitting schedules of equipment for contract extensions or for formulation of contract quotations.
- The role holder will be responsible for fault finding, stripping down and repairing of all manufacturers’ automatic doors and associated equipment in line with BS 7036 & BS EN16005 as well as emergency breakdown repair cover, the result of this activity is to provide all round cover in accordance with company standards which will include overtime, when the company/customer demands.
- The role holder will ensure that work is completed in a timely manner ensuring faults are corrected first time of attendance to site.
- You will also ensure that housekeeping tasks are carried out during all visits and that the customer is fully aware of what work has been carried out during your time on site.
- It is a requirement for Technicians to produce detailed reports including stock used along with photographs and video’s and these are to be submitted within 24 hours of job completion.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and replenishing your van stock in an accurate and timely manner.
- Warranty work will be reported and accurate feedback on fault will be provided with rectification recommendations.
- All warranty reported against the role holders work will be fed back and an explanation will be required with correction recommendations for the future.
- You will be required to be flexible and during periods work onsite with installations or in the factory on specific workloads. These tasks will be designated by either the Aftermarket Manager or another allocated person.
- Any task deemed a requirement will be carried out as instructed by the role holder.
- Flexibility and teamwork are an important part of this position and all persons are expected to work within these standards.
- The role holder will be required to carry out all tasks to an exemplary standard in line with pre-set performance targets and specifications. Customers are to be dealt with in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- The role holder will be required to liaise with customers on their door requirements promoting all company and group products.
- The role holder will be personally involved in providing relevant and accurate advice to customers; sometimes this may involve dealing with complaints.
- The role holder is expected to provide an excellent level of customer service ensuring all the customers’ expectations are met and understood
- To undertake installations and commissioning activity where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications for the Service Technician:
- Customer satisfaction.
- Field service turnover contribution.
- Attitude & Flexibility.
- Efficiency (working within company guidelines).
- On-time accurate reporting.
- Housekeeping of company vehicle and accurate stock.
Benefits for the Service Technician:
- Pension – auto enrolment 3% Employee 5%.
- Holidays – 20 floating days per year with additional 3 for Christmas shutdown and all public holidays.
- Sick pay scheme.
- Company Van.
- Power tools supplied.
- Death in Service cover.
- Basic Healthcare cover.
- Working with experienced team.
Salary: Up to £15.30 per hour (£40K+ OTE)