Service & Maintenance Sales Manager
DC300 – Service & Maintenance Sales Manager
Location – Bromsgrove
Salary – £Competitive + Car + Commission
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Service & Maintenance Sales Manager to join their team in Bromsgrove.
The Sales Manager will target and successfully obtain new business opportunities within the Facilities Management sector that will allow the company to meet their objective of being the UK’s leading niche market HVAC provider, while retaining the spiritual trinity of business intent, customer connection and employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your primary role will be to maintain and enhance existing business relationships and sales within the HVAC Service & Maintenance sector and establish new contacts with customers that do little or no work with the company.
- You will need to develop the best and most successful ‘routes to market’ and will include, but not be limited to, desktop research and phone calls, Linked In research and networking, meetings and presentations, and liaising with our internal marketing department to promote the business in an effective way, through platforms such as social media.
- Develop and maintain a sales strategy / forecast to meet the targets of the Department for the next 5 years.
- You will be required to work proactively to meet and exceed sales targets and goals, and always aim to maximize the profitability of any project.
- You will manage the entire sales cycle from inception to completion.
- The role will also involve visiting customers to undertake site surveys and discuss potential Service & Maintenance, upgrades, remedial work, and any other services which may be beneficial.
- It is crucial that you communicate effectively and work closely with the other personnel and areas of the business to ensure that as a unit the company can maximize the potential of every opportunity. This will include the assessment of incoming enquiries to decide whether or not to quote for a project.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that proposals/quotations which are prepared by the team are completed to a level that meets the customer’s expectations and clearly explains the key selling points and any benefits of the company’s approach.
- A very important part of the role will be to follow-up all quotations collecting customer feedback and market research with the end goal of turning the quotation into an order.
- You will also be required to report your activities when required to your Line Manager.
- You will also be required to attend Design & Estimating meetings and monthly sales and strategy meetings at the company office and, at times, off site.
- Your activities in relation to customer interaction and opportunities will need to be recorded on the internal CRM.
- You will be based at the company’s head office in Bromsgrove however, after your period of Induction and training, you will be expected to be out of the office visiting potential Clients, scoping projects, promoting the company, and building strong working relationships.
Skills and Experience:
- Five years experience in the service PPM / FM background.
- Proven results in a sales role previously.
- Knowledge of warehouse HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of office AC systems.
- Knowledge of BMS and controls systems [desirable].
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English, Science, Design Technology + 3 others Grade C or above or equivalent
- Clean driving licence. HNC or equivalent [desirable].
- Customer focussed – understands how to put the customer at the centre.
- Excellent communicator, oral and written, across all audiences (client/colleagues/management/supply chain).
- A ‘Team Player’ that is self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan own diary and work ahead to suit the needs of business.
- Due to nature of the sales role, you must be resilient, confident and maintain a positive attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to think strategically and develop a simple effective sales strategy for this new department.
In return our client offers:
- A highly competitive salary.
- High Specification IT equipment.
- Company Car, or costs to cover personal car based on HMRC rates.
- Minimum 4 weeks H