Service Desk Operator
MM586 – Service Desk Operator x 2
Location – Birmingham
Salary – £9.35/hr to £10.40/hr DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Service Desk Operator to join their team in Birmingham.
An opportunity has become available for a Service Desk Operator to be based in our Birmingham Office to deliver outstanding and efficient customer service to our customers both internal and external. Our facilities management team are responsible for the day-to-day operations at the buildings we manage. They work closely with our Health, Safety & Environmental, Sustainability, Procurement and on-site team staff and approved contractors to deliver a great service. We are responsible for providing a range of onsite support to our clients and tenants.
Essential duties will include:
- Take calls, log and monitor jobs on the service desk system.
- Assist the FM team to monitor service delivery to our customers
- Assist the FM team to achieve at least 80% resolution of reactive and planned work orders within the agreed SLA timescales.
- Prepare purchase orders for approval.
- Be aware of Health and Safety responsibilities insofar as they relate to Property Services, particularly in the absence of the FM and reporting as required.
- To assist FM’s in the maintenance of and ensure that the management database accurately reflects the picture of compliance within the MAPP managed sites.
- To assist with the implementation of appropriate training programs for FM and site based staff.
- Liaise effectively with suppliers, FMs, Surveyors and tenants over e-mail and telephone in a professional manner.
- Promotes a high level of satisfaction among occupiers and clients by promptly responding to their service requirements.
- Assures prompt response by other team members and selected contractors.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Customer Service experience.
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations.
- Organisational skills with an ability to communicate effectively across a range of customer group.
In return our client offers:
- £9.35 – 10.40/hr (£18000 – £20000) DOE
- An opportunity to be part of a company who is committed to engaging with and developing all employees
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday
- Stakeholder Pension
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary
- Health Cover
- Gym Membership
- Personal Development