Senior Systems Engineer (Security)
AR36- Senior Systems Engineer (Security)
Location: North London
First Military Recruitment are currently searching for a Systems Engineer on behalf of our client. Using a variety of in house sensors, from the client, trusted partners, and externally sourced sensors and software modules. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the integration of sensors and subsystems across the entire lifecycle, from bids to delivery and even post-delivery support.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with multiple departments and entities within the business, as well as being the face of Engineering in front of customers.
- Generation of technical bids, designing networked multi-sensor systems, defining hardware and software changes and delivering a suite equipment to be installed are all part of the systems engineers responsibility.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions for the Security business.
- Technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production.
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into system designs.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a frequent feature of this role. This could be required at short notice. It may also involve deployments of up to 6 weeks at a time.
- Promote the work of the business in the field of Systems Engineering through attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers.
- Technical liaison within and outside the business with other parts of the company, customers, suppliers and collaborators on systems related matters.
- Support the Head of Engineering in the definition and implementation of Systems Engineering processes and practices across the department.
- Work with customers or sales representatives to deliver bids for systems.
- Work with internal development teams and project management to implement changes and deliver projects to specification.
- Act as a role model for more junior staff.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Engineering / Mathematics / Science subject (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Extensive knowledge of product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems and their practical application.
- Knowledge Multi Sensor system design and performance analysis.
- Proven experience of integration and demonstration of equipment and subsequent acceptance by customer / end users.
- Proven experience of sensor integration into varied platforms.
- Proven technical skills, relating to effective systems engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control, as well as appropriate document generation.
- Good commercial/business awareness.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge Radar, RF devices, Communications systems, Networking or electro optical camera solutions would be an advantage.
Location: North London