Senior Systems Engineer (Radar)
JS295 Senior Systems Engineer
Location: North London
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A Senior Systems Engineer is required within the Surveillance Systems business to develop and deliver Company and Customer Funded systems projects based upon state of the art radar technology.
- Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from System Concept through to Delivery and Acceptance, including Bid Support, System Design and System Integration.
- Apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
- A certain amount of business travel will be required depending upon project requirements.
- Comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Experience of systems design, integration & test.
- An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
- An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
- A willingness to travel.
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols.
- Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
- Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
- The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
- The ability to deliver engineering packages of work to time, cost and quality.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution.
- UK Security clearance.
- UK Driving License.