Senior Support Worker
JA719 – Senior Support Worker
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £18,850 per annum + Benefits
Closing date – 19/01/2021 (Please note this vacancy may close earlier than stated.)
We are currently working in conjunction with our client who are a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Support Worker to join the team at Palmer Crescent, Chertsey.
Palmer Crescent is a 12-person Registered Care Service, supporting adults with learning disabilities, Physical disabilities, complex needs and can include end of life support.
Working collaboratively with the Service Leadership Team you will help to oversee the smooth day to day running of the service, including rota planning (using People Planner), shift leading, supporting staff and the people we support, reporting, risk assessments as well as practice lead person centred active support.
The service operates 24/7 and the successful applicant will be expected to work all shift patterns whilst leading shifts and promoting active support. Occasional admin hours may be allocated to complete agreed tasks.
- You will have experience supporting people with learning and physical disabilities, preferably people with profound and complex health needs.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in and developing a team including appraisal, coaching and performance management, although not essential.
- A basic understand of Health and Social Care regulatory bodies.
- Previous experience as a support worker in a supported living environment/registered care service.
- You will be an effective communicator with the ability to influence others and get the best from your team.
- To be flexible and be able to work shifts required across the 7 day week(7am-2:30 pm, 2pm-9pm, including weekends).
- Due to the nature of this role, it is essential to hold a full valid driving licence and access to your own.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas.
- Regular one to one supervision.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350.
- Increasing annual leave with length of service.
- Occupational sick pay.
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme