Senior Spectrum Engineer
FC70 Senior Spectrum Engineer
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Spectrum Engineer on behalf of one of our prestigious clients.
The successful candidate will be working within the engineering team, providing high-quality technical modelling, analysis and measurements to inform policy and management decisions.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using technical skills, you will help enable new and innovative wireless services.
- The role is an exciting mix of in-depth technical study combined with wider engagement at policy level where your technical understanding of underlying systems will help ensure a solid basis for new and existing wireless services.
- You will work with colleagues across the organisation as well as stakeholders across the communications sector
- You will develop technical advice on wireless technology and intersystem coexistence, and radiowave propagation modelling; interpreting what this means for UK Spectrum management and recommending how the company can best balance the interests of stakeholders and consumers through its policy work.
- –This might be, for example, performing in-depth simulation analysis, researching technical characteristics for emerging wireless technologies, or engaging in measurement and trials work.
- You will also have the opportunity to represent the company and the UK in national and international technical standards bodies.
- Engineering studies underpin spectrum management decisions, and you will contribute to development of related regulatory policy.
- Your specialist knowledge will be complemented by the ability to translate complex topics to non-technical audiences, and you will act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders throughout the life cycle of your projects. This will include providing oral and written reports, preparing meeting inputs and giving presentations, often at a senior level, to ensure successful outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to grasp and articulate technical and policy issues associated with managing the radio spectrum.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the following areas: wireless standards and technologies; advanced radiowave propagation modelling; RF interference mechanisms; electrical and electromagnetic compatibility; or complex system level simulation and intersystem coexistence modelling.
- To be technically qualified with an engineering or similar degree or possess an equivalent level of experience.
- Proficient in simulating or planning network performance and systems.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to convey the context, results and conclusions of technical work to a range of stakeholders.
- Sound judgement to ensure analysis is of the appropriate complexity and proportionate to the impact and likelihood of the expected outcomes.
- Experience working within the wireless telecommunications industry or other technical sector.
- Ability to manage tasks or projects to ensure timely delivery.
- Strong numerical skills, the ability to analyse varied datasets and extract key trends.
- Provides clarity in written and verbal communication, avoiding unnecessary complexity.
- Is insightful, seeking to develop a range of solutions to problems.
- Consults and communicates widely, establishing internal / external relationships and networks.
- Plans and prioritises effectively, monitoring quality and productivity.
- Experience in standards & compliance work within a regulated sector.
- Understanding of quality assurance methods.
- Ability to use specialist tools for radio modelling, planning and graphical information systems.
- Expertise in software development; scientific computing algorithms and their performance optimisation; and analysis of large data sets.
- Experience of European and international technical wireless standards and a familiarity with the international spectrum management environment and its key organisations.
- An ability to scope, deliver and supervise technical projects with a sound evidence basis, balancing needs across multiple projects.
- Knowledge of how to technically assess coexistence and compatibility between different wireless systems and assess the risk of interference.