Senior Internal Auditor
FC26 – Senior Internal Auditor
Location – Southampton
Salary – £Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Senior Auditor into their Internal Audit-Risk Assurance team in Southampton.
The ideal candidate will have great people skills and be comfortable leading others on audit reviews and dealing with clients. With a relevant internal audit or accountancy qualification, or working towards one, the ideal candidate will be an experienced internal auditor, who can really hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits at client’s sites, including risked based audits, in accordance with our clients IA standards. Working as an individual and leading a team to deliver high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To understand the key risks identified by Management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the client’s Annual Audit Plan.
• To manage, perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning programming, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings.
• To draft audit planning documents for approval / review by Client / Management.
• Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards and within the SLA on allocated audits.
• To lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance.
• To provide job training and guidance for auditors and training for more junior auditors.
• To perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas.
• To undertake review work in respect of significant findings.
• To assist management in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
• To be aware of and advise management of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients.
• To participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process.
• It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firm’s policies e.g. health and safety etc.
• Any other duties as required by management.
• Travel to client sites may be expected.
• Some overnight stays away from home may be necessary to enable delivery of client work.
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of working in an equivalent position in a professional services firm or similar function within an in-house audit team.
• To be technically proficient in executing and leading reviews in accordance with IIA standards.
• A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CMIIA or on the way to completing such.
• Ability to train, coach and develop team members as required.
• High standard of written and verbal communication.
• Proven team player.
• Access to a car and full driving license (travel to client sites may be expected).