Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
MS97 – Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000 DOE per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
This role will involve the environmental and geotechnical investigation of land for future development. The candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience working in site investigation and report writing in relation to the development of land.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visiting sites to carry out, inspect and/or supervise trial pitting, soak-away testing, supervising borehole investigations, verification of capping etc.
- Supervision of construction works which may include inspecting foundations, drilling and grouting of mine workings, earthworks or remediation of contaminated sites.
- Preparing Phase 1 and 2 geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigation reports.
- Preparing coal mining risk assessments, earthworks strategies, verification reports etc.
- Liaising with clients, regulators, site staff and other staff within the company.
- Advising on geotechnical parameters for foundation design, slope stability etc.
- Carrying out detailed quantitative risk assessments.
- Supporting and mentoring our Graduate Engineers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- We are looking for our ideal candidate to have a strong Degree or Masters in Geology, Geography or Civil Engineering.
- Be working towards their professional development with the Geological Society, Institution of Civil Engineers, or similar professional body.
- The candidate should have a minimum of five years’ experience working in site investigation and report writing in relation to the development of land.
- Experience of working within an engineering consultancy environment would also be desirable but not essential.
- A full driving licence is essential. The candidate must have a car for work purposes to which appropriate mileage will be paid to accommodate maintenance costs.
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000 per annum