Senior Fire & Security Service Engineer
JA849 – Senior Fire & Security Engineer
Location – Midlands (Birmingham – Nottingham)
We are recruiting currently for a Senior Fire & Security Engineer with strong Supervisory skills for our client’s Fire & Security Business. Senior Fire & Security Engineer will oversee the other engineers in your area as well as carrying out the required PPM and Reactive maintenance tasks. All applicants must have 5 years supervisory experience.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure on-site Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
- Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
Skills & Experience
- Multi skilled Fire & Security knowledge and experience
- Health and Safety Training
- Supervisory experience within the industry
- Full UK Driving Licence
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- Experience in IT & Networking
- Company Pension scheme
- Travel time after 1st hour in each direction.
- Overtime after 40 hours x 1.5
- On call rota 1 in 8
- Paid standby allowance and radial mileage payment between home and site.
- Van and fuel card
- Specialist tools, workwear and PDA issued
- All parking congestion charges reimbursed