Senior Developer & Lecturer – Marine Engineering
JA736 – Senior Developer & Lecturer – Marine Engineering
Location: Jubail (Al Jubayl), Saudi Arabia
Salary – C£45K Tax Free + Benefits Year 2,3 & 4 gratuity of C£6250
DUE TO CURRENT VISA RESTRICTIONS WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM UK NATIONALS
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our client for a Senior Developer/Lecturer in Marine Engineering studies. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for curriculum development and curriculum delivery for projects and tasks within the National Maritime Academy (NMA).
Value multiple intelligences to allow people to develop own skills through self-motivation, design innovative, inspirational and student centric learning materials and support other curriculum development and delivery staff in meeting overall targets and goals. Apply modern pedagogical theories and practices in delivering industry relevant curriculum through inspirational teaching and coaching.
- To develop, modify, and continuously improve, course outlines, curricula, evaluation procedures, and instruments of assessment.
- Develop electronic teaching and learning materials for NMA Virtual Learning Environment.
- Identify, prepare, and organise course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
- Instruct and help students learn. Provide academic assistance in a variety of learning situations.
- Counsel students with respect to academic progress and assist them in obtaining appropriate counselling for non-academic matters.
- Assist in organising and monitoring work placements.
- Assist with student/industry liaison, including activities which will promote job placement and student enrolment.
- Remain current in area of professional expertise and in teaching methods.
- Maintain liaison with the community, related industry/agencies and other professionals.
- Prepare purchasing requisitions and participate in maintaining an inventory of capital and expendable goods.
- Maintain program equipment, laboratory/workshop/simulator facilities and materials to ensure a safe and organized work environment.
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and submit information as required.
- Assist Quality Manager in creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Maintain calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities.
- Ensure performance targets within the area of responsibility are met.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Participate in all duties relating to the teaching and learning process.
- Participate in the development, evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment materials.
- HND Marine Engineering.
- MCA issued Management Level CoC in Marine Engineering
- Excellent English language skills or in possession of a valid Academic IELTS certificate at Band 8.0 or above.
- Management level experience of working on board merchant ships.
- Recognises need for change and proactively seeks to learn and self-develop.
- Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
- Values human potential and enables growth and skills development.
- Constantly develops own emotional intelligence and advances understanding of multiple intelligences.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities, team player with the client, entire project team and contractor and strong analytical skills.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.