Senior Design Estimator
JA1059 – Senior Design Estimator
Location – Derby
Salary – £DOE plus Car allowance
Type – Full-time/Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Design Estimator with Building Services estimating experience in an Industrial building services environment.. The successful candidate will focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping the Company to maintain its leading-edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
To prepare estimates, quotations and budget prices to secure orders for work including :
- Review client specifications and requirements.
- Attend Client team meetings
- Site Visits.
- Quantity take-offs from drawings and/or site surveys
- Prepare requests for quotations to Sub Contractors and Suppliers.
- Analyse returns from Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Preparation of cost sheets.
- Preparation of Tender letters.
- Preparation of Tender programmes and schedules.
- Chair Hand Over meetings to Commercial and Operations teams.
- Develop Outline client scope into fully detailed costs
- To handle tender preparation from acceptance of enquiry through to final submission working to strict deadlines throughout
- To liaise with clients where necessary and to obtain specific information relevant to tender content and preparation
- To develop project scope and specification from client outline information, ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
- To obtain prices for bought-in items and sub-contracts against relevant specifications, criteria, and conditions
- To prepare material and labour take-offs for pricing using software
- To assess preliminary and plant costs, and prepare tender summaries for management agreement
- To Develop outline project programmes
- To develop initial project risk register, ensuring that the risk to the Company is kept to a minimum
- To ensure that the submission document provides a clear detail of the scope to minimise our commercial risk with the client.
- To comply with Group and Company policies and procedures
- To handover secured project to a Commercial and Operations teams.
- Chair adjudication meetings to senior management
Skills & Experience:
- Building Services estimating experience in an Industrial building services environment.
- Construction/Civils/Fit-Out experience in an industrial/commercial environment
- High level of accuracy and commercial acumen
- Quality of estimating proposals
- Good communication and presentational skills
- Conversant with use of Microsoft Office
- Conversant with use of Estimation Software
- Ability to produce programme utilising Microsoft Project
- Knowledge and understanding of the NEC 3 Option C Form of Contract
- Mechanical estimating experience within the building services sector
- Ability to utilise AutoCAD for simple tasks
- Ability to utilise Amtech