Semi-Skilled PDI Engineer
AR354 – Semi-Skilled PDI Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Semi-Skilled PDI Engineer.
Based at the New/Used Equipment Prep Centre you will carry out PDI/general labourer’s duties, including general warehouse, workshop and yard housekeeping tasks.
All activities are to be carried out in accordance with current best practice guidelines and to be compliant with the company Health and Safety, Quality policies.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As and when required, show new employees (including apprentices) the Goods Receiving process, and assist them with product familiarisation across the range of products.
- As and where required, assist members of the workshop team with truck or ancillary equipment movements or installations.
- Completion of pre-delivery inspection on new and used equipment to pre-set standards prior to despatch to customer or dealer.
- Inspection of above equipment upon arrival and to produce a ‘goods received note’.
- Maintain and prepare demo fleet equipment as necessary for customer/dealer requirements.
- Maintain charge levels of traction batteries for the stock of electric powered equipment.
- To always portray a good image of both yourself and the company, always wearing the company uniform where issued.
- To assist the workshop manager in devising and implementing a robust method and system to receive, store, issue, manage and control stocks accordingly.
- To carry out a monthly stock count and assist the workshop manager with any stock discrepancies.
- To carry out the safe unloading/loading of trucks or goods from both internal and external transport vehicles.
- To carry out visual inspections of all trucks being received at the New Equipment Prep Centre and complete Goods Receiving Notification (GRN) documentation in line with both the companies’ procedures and ISO accreditation.
- To carry out weekly walk round inspections of the warehouse and yard and carry out weekly fire system and emergency lighting tests completing the relevant weekly check sheets.
- To ensure all trucks and goods are stored on site safely and in a way to optimise space utilisation.
- To ensure all trucks or goods loaded for despatch are complete and are as per the collection documentation.
- To ensure any defects found with the building or equipment are reported immediately to the workshop manager.
- To have overall responsibility for the yard and warehouse spaces on a day-to-day basis.
- To identify any damage to either trucks or goods being received and notifying the workshop manager accordingly.
- To receive PDI completed trucks from the workshop team, park them in a safe place in the warehouse and mark them as ‘Ready, awaiting collection’.
- To work with the workshop manager and workshop supervisor to ensure trucks and any ancillary equipment are made available for the PDI team or third-party contractors in advance of them being required.
- Unloading of trucks, equipment, batteries, chargers etc that relate to the department.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Must be physically fit.
- Counterbalance forklift licence.
- Willingness to undertake a number of roles – general warehouse work, housekeeping.
- Good attitude with the ability to stay motivated and productive.
- Helpful and willing to take ownership of certain duties.
- Work independently on sites in a safe manner taking into account both your own and other people’s safety.