EJ621 – Section Engineer
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: Salary to circa £35k – £45k+ car / taxable car allowance of £4,400.00 per annum
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Section Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
To assist with the management and coordination of all works within area of responsibility, including management of junior engineering staff.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify all required materials and procure them to support the programme of planned works. Monitor stock levels of materials within area of responsibility and arrange restocking as required.
- Complete material and resource returns, recording actual usage against planned. Identify and report wastage. Present reports to line management, including recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all subcontractors’ scopes of works within area of responsibility. Identify and record any changes to scope, including delays. Provide appropriate records to line management and commercial teams.
- Produce and issue any required technical queries to resolve erroneous or incomplete design information. Distribute responses to all required persons.
- Manage directly reporting junior staff, including their workload, to ensure their works are completed to support correct delivery of the project.
- In conjunction with section foreman, plan and coordinate all works within area of responsibility, including subcontract and Third Party works.
- Produce and maintain a detailed and resourced 3 week (minimum) look ahead programme of all planned works within area of responsibility, including subcontractors and Third Parties, which supports the contract programme. Manage works to achieve the agreed programme.
- Review, on at least a weekly basis, progress against programme and identify areas of variance. Provide reports to line management and commercial teams detailing reasons for variance and action plans to recover any slippage.
- Within area of responsibility, ensure that all permits, inductions, task briefs and other documentation required to undertake works in accordance with legal, company and project requirements are in place, approved and briefed to all required persons, including subcontractors, prior to work commencing.
- Within area of responsibility, ensure that the project complies with legal, company and project specific health, safety and environmental requirements. Report any incidents, near misses, non-compliances or concerns to appropriate persons.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the project specification, sufficient to ensure that all works within area of responsibility are compliant with specification. Ensure that works are constructed in accordance with the latest design and specification information.
- Produce and gain approval of all required Inspection and Test Plans, including those for subcontracted works. Ensure required records are provided and maintained by appropriate persons.
- Produce any required Non-Conformance Reports, including details of proposed remedial works, for approval by others. Ensure agreed works are completed and appropriate records are provided to allow close out by others.
- Ensure that approved temporary works solutions are in place and used as required during all works within the area of responsibility. Contribute to the development of temporary works solutions.
- Provide input as required to periodic project reports.
- Ensure all required documented outputs and records are correctly uploaded.
- Any other duties consistent with your status and seniority, as necessary to meet the needs of the Business or the Company.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of construction industry and standards construction techniques.
- In depth technical knowledge of area of responsibility and good knowledge of remainder of project.
- Basic knowledge of commercial and contractual requirements. Working knowledge of subcontractor scopes of work.
- SSSTS is essential.
- Ideally Lift Supervisor or Appointed Person qualifications.
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: Salary to circa £35k – £45k + car / taxable car allowance of £4,400.00 per annum