AR252 – Sales Engineer
Location: UK Wide (Head office in Coventry)
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Sales Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
Working for a company that supply a number of industry sectors including specialist automotive, construction, marine, materials handling and power generation.
This is an exciting role for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fulfil a key role within the sales team selling a range of products to small and medium sized OEMs both in the UK and globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job is primarily territory based with customer visits accounting for approximately 60-70% of your time.
- This will involve travelling around the UK and potentially some international travel. This is curtailed at present due to COVID, but expect to return to this as soon as is safe and practical.
- The role will include working with EPCs to identify parts to complete build specifications, liaison with franchises on technical and pricing issues, liaison with other departments concerning logistics and engineering, compilation of BoMs to suit customer requirements, maintaining price lists and providing quotations to customers.
- Flexibility to deal with other associated tasks is also required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- As part of a relatively small team, the successful applicant will have the ability to work well with others but will need to be self-reliant and focussed.
- Working face to face with customers a professional and personable manner is required to forge and build relationships.
- This is not a ‘commodity sales’ role so good personal relationships with clients are essential.
- Good technical knowledge of engines and vehicles is required in order to identify necessary engines, components and alternatives.
- A methodical approach to problem solving as well as personal discipline and good interpersonal skills.
- Formal qualifications will be considered, however experience and a pro-active approach to all aspects of the job function are the most important assets.
- In depth knowledge of engines, vehicle systems and vehicle components is required although specific product related training will be provided.
- A knowledge or enthusiasm for alternative power sources such as battery electric, hybrid, gaseous fuels or hydrogen IC engines or fuel cells would be advantageous.
- A full UK driving licence is required.