FC75 – Safety Officer
Location – Cheshire
Salary – £Highly Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – a market leader in the provision of highway de-icing applications and services in the UK, and a provider of cost effective and innovative records management solutions- to recruit a Safety Officer to join their team in Winsford, Cheshire.
The Safety Officer will coordinate, support and deliver agreed safety programmes for all UK operating sites. Ensuring statutory compliance of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality operation, the successful candidate will provide Line Management with accurate and timely safety advice in line with relevant legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and delivery of the safety element of the company’s Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Plan.
- Facilitation of all agree audit programmes.
- Delivery of local and corporate agreed SHEQ initiatives.
- Accident and incident investigation.
- Co-ordination of firefighting, safety defect and risk assessment schemes, procedure reviews and emergency organisation systems.
- Safety performance reporting.
- Supporting the organisation of the Health & Safety Committee.
Skills and Experience:
- Professional safety management qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent).
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience.
- Strong written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
In Return Our Client Offers:
- A highly competitive salary dependant on experience.
- 26 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays per annum.
- Private medical insurance.
- Company pension.