Salary: £22,500+ DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Route Planner on behalf of one of our clients.
In this role you will work closely with the transport team in order to maximise routing efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To efficiently plan routes so services are not impacted.
- You will use specialist software build routes in keeping with operational needs.
- Make sure you are in regular contact with other departments to monitor any changes that may require your attention.
- Minimise routing inadequacies.
- You will be expected to deliver paperwork of routes to drivers and also provide de-briefs when finished.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Understanding drivers’ hours regulations.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Understanding of legal limits on vehicles and regulations pertaining to the role.
- Previous experience in logistics.
- Great attention to detail.
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft packages.
- Experience of using routing software.
Salary: £22,500 + DOE