RLO Resident Liaison Officer
Location : London, Greater London, England
Job Ref : EY15
Consultant : Emily Y James
Sector : Other
Salary : £26k per year
EY15 – Resident Liaison Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend TRA meetings (sometimes be held out of normal working hours – see Special Factors section).
- Assist and teach vulnerable people how to report repairs correctly.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to up to date on all kinds of relevant works, repairs, or progress.
- Develop effective working relationships with client representatives including housing and
- disrepairs department to reduce duplication and ensure consistency of information and approach keeping tenants fully informed about building works and programmes.
- Visit each resident prior to work commencing to introduce and communicate the scope of works. Give residents contact numbers and a pack detailing the full RLO process.
- Assessing where high risk/vulnerable residents are present and ensuring GEM tailors works according to the risk level.
- Establish resident’s individual requirements by carrying out an initial resident profile, documenting any points discussed and tailoring individual communication plans accordingly.
- Carry out a property condition survey and appliance survey with photographs where necessary with the tenant before works start in the property.
- Identify and correctly handle initial key stakeholder dis-satisfaction in the first instance and manage effectively to prevent complaint escalation where possible.
- Register all types of communication (questions, enquiries and complaints) made on the contract and ensure responses are produced and sent in target and in line with GEM’s Internal KPIs.
- Ensure key stakeholders are advised of outcomes following communication.
- Investigate complaints and produce a report in accordance with company and client procedures of the findings.
- Keep the Company’s complaint log up to date and convert key data into information to report on trends.
- Provide recommendations on how GEM can improve its service based on trends and findings from investigations.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and meet them on site, in their homes, and/or places of work when required or requested.
- Make appointments for further works, if required, and ensure these are carried out and completed to the resident’s satisfaction, obtaining a completed resident satisfaction survey after completion.
- Manage compensation or goodwill gesture arrangements if required, and follow the correct process to have such arrangements agreed and approved by the Customer Service
- Manager/Contract Manager
- Conduct resident telephone surveys, obtaining relevant feedback that can be recorded and actioned as appropriate.
- Produce and populate a monthly report detailing the findings of the surveys and actions taken to address any issues or problems that have arisen
Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English (grade C or above).
- Customer Service qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Desirable – experience of working with Local Authorities, Councils and/or Housing Associations.
- Adept at problem solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal).
- Computer literate and confident in Microsoft Office.
- Able to write reports clearly.
- Prioritise and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Organised, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Able to work in a fast paced and reactive environment.
- Able to work to own initiative yet seek help when required.
- Essential – experience of applying excellent customer service through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Essential – sound understanding of customer care to all types of residents (including vulnerable residents and those with special needs)
- Essential – a sound knowledge of working with the Microsoft Office suit (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Essential – minimum 3 years of working in a customer service-focused role
- Essential – proven track record of successfully and effectively liaising with multiple parties to provide a service with key objectives.
- Essential – experience in working to tight deadlines and in a sometimes-pressurised environment.