RF Design Engineer
EJ543 – RF Design Engineer
First Military Recruitment are looking for a highly capable RF engineer to join our client’s team to take a key role in the development of new products as well as improvements to their existing products to ensure that their products are market-leading.
This is a hands-on design role that will focus on RF design down to discrete component level – covering active and passive circuit design over a wide range of frequencies from DC to Ka-Band and possibly beyond. It will require substantial laboratory-based work where you will be expected take ownership of your designs and be involved in the full product lifecycle, taking products from concept through to production
This role would ideally suit the ex-military community, but all applications are welcome.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce high quality RF designs that meet the agreed targets for performance, reliability, manufacturability, testability, cost and timescales.
- You will perform analysis and simulation of your designs to ensure that it complies with the requirements for gain, power levels, linearity, VSWR, NF, signal related spurii etc. This requires excellent understanding of the interaction and relationships between these key parameters.
- Through the design process you will need to work closely with Engineers from other disciplines (PCB, mechanical, electronics, software and NPI) to ensure a successful final product.
- You will also be expected to verify your designs through extensive testing and capturing of results in the lab so you will need to be comfortable (and a bit of an expert) in using the test equipment.
- Support sales engineers on new opportunities – to offer our customers technically feasible solutions and provide accurate estimates on the effort and materials required for the development
- Technical support to NPI and production testing when required
- Contribute to the expansion of RF/Microwave knowledge, processes and techniques within the company
- Keen to learn
Skills and Qualifications:
- Electronics, physics or engineering degree.
- Proven experience in RF and microwave design and test of active and passive circuits, DC-3 GHz (ideally up to 40 GHz) down to discrete component level.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the use of commercially available CAD tools
- Experience of interfacing RF circuits and sub-systems to analogue and digital electronics, such as: bias circuits, power supplies and digital control circuits
- Knowledge of, and experience in PCB layout techniques, substrate materials