Registered Mental Health Nurse
JA722 – Registered Mental Health Nurse
Location – Rainham
Salary – £34,476 per annum + benefits (pro rata)
Rotation – 8am – 5pm, 5 days a week which change per the rota (done 4-6 weeks in advance)
Work Type – Fulltime
We are currently recruiting for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our clients team in Rainham to support adults with mild learning disabilities, mental health needs, schizophrenia, physical needs, and behaviours that challenge. Some people will also require support with a suprapubic catheter. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring service users’ mental wellbeing and instigating the appropriate action to ensure that mental wellbeing is maintained. Ensuring that the service users receive their depot injections.
Due to the nature of this role, it is desirable for the successful applicant to hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Tasks associated with the nursing needs are.
- Ordering medication.
- Chasing up on any medication associated queries.
- Checking received medication for accuracy.
- Administering medication.
- Carrying out weekly medication audits.
- Carrying out along with the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager Staff medication assessments.
- Administering depot injections as per the MARS records.
- Maintaining daily records on the mental wellbeing of people supported including the recording of any action taken.
- Writing up CPA reports.
- Attending CPA meetings and feeding back relevant issues to the team.
- Attending relevant appointments with people supported in agreement with the shift leader.
- Updating support plans and risk assessments with particular relevance to plans relating to mental wellbeing.
- Nurses will still be required to undertake all other tasks as previously required including the daily support needs of people supported, being part of a key worker team, various banking tasks and working with the shift leader to ensure that the daily support happens as required.
As well as sharing our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, to join as a client you will need to be:
- Reliable – the person you support, their family and your team will quickly learn that they can count on you.
- Creative – you see alternative ways of getting things done effectively.
- Determined – you do not give up when things get difficult.
Benefits (T&C’s apply):
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme