Regional Sales Director
JS294 Regional Sales Director
Location: North London
Salary: £ Competitive + Bonus
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Regional Sales Director to cover South America on behalf of one of our clients.
To be responsible for the sales of radar, sensors and systems to customers within South America.
To take ownership of the whole sales process from prospect identification, through qualification, presentation, proposals, negotiation and finally closing the sale. Post sales activities to ensure the contracted goods are delivered as contracted are also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and prioritise key market areas.
- Meet targets established by Sales Forecasts for allocated territories.
- Establish and maintain Marketing representation in allocated territories & help identify marketing opportunities.
- Key account management.
- Negotiate and agree contracts on behalf of Company.
- Understand customer requirements and advise on system design.
- Help identify new markets and services.
- Plan and execute sales activities within the Region as defined by the Head of Ground & Maritime
- Surveillance Radar Sales.
- Input data into Company system to feed the sales forecast for the areas defined by the Head of Ground & Maritime Surveillance Radar Sales.
- Use the Company system to provide information on opportunities.
- Utilise the Company system to enable reports as to achievement of sales targets to be produced.
- Use the software tools supplied to prepare quotations for new and existing customers.
- Make presentations to both customers and internal departments.
- Liaise with Overseas marketing channels.
- Take full responsibility for profitability of accounts, including payment terms & debt management/recovery where required.
- Provide and maintain data to support the Marketing Databases.
- Maintain continuous awareness of equipment.
- Provide input for Product Development and new Product design.
- Maintain continuous awareness of competitor and third party equipment.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting with customers and partners.
- Provide support and input for marketing activities such as new brochures, mailshots, exhibitions etc.
- Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with the above functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in sales of Ground & Maritime Surveillance Radar Systems.
- Proven track record in sales and ongoing customer relationship management.
- International experience is essential, country penetration and client development experience essential.
- Commercial acumen, preferably with experience of P&L responsibility.
- Whilst it would be good to see candidates from the marine industry we understand that this may prove difficult, therefore experience in other industries will be acceptable.
- Conversant with standard MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).