DC403 – Quality Engineer
Location – Glenrothes
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Quality Engineer to join their team in Glenrothes to ensure compliance of the Quality Management System. This is a full-time, permanent position.
To delivery services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the control, maintenance and upgrade of the Quality Management System and accreditations (e.g. ISO 9001) for two of the Group’s businesses.
- Review and interpret client’s orders, specifications and relevant national standards and generate project specific Inspection Test Plans and Quality plans.
- Provide full quality and technical appraisals at bid and contract review meetings followed by lessons learned at project closure
- Assume responsibility for calibration and maintenance of select equipment in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Represent the company as a quality lead (both internally and externally with clients).
- Identify and document quality issues and conduct root cause analysis to identify appropriate solutions.
- Review and approve all chemical, corrosion, and mechanical test results against specification requirements.
- Compile statistical data to support the monitoring of process performance and continuous improvement.
- Review of qualification and product documentation packages in accordance with client requirements.
- Coordinate activities and reports between the QC and QA departments.
- Coordinate and conduct both internal and external audits within Group companies.
- Liaise with the customer throughout the duration of the contract and post-delivery.
- Assist in keeping training records and matrices accurate and up to date.
- Provide technical help and advice within Group companies.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure company compliance with agreed procedures at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a mechanical, heavy industry, manufacturing, or technical sector (essential).
- Previous experience with ISO9001 and QMS systems (essential).
- Relevant professional qualifications.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- A working week of Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 (with 30 min unpaid lunch), Friday 08:00 to 13:00 – total 37 hours per week.
- Other benefits (TBC).
Additional note: Our client will also consider candidates coming in at a Quality Technician level with the expectation that they would work towards Engineer status/level. Renumeration for this position would be less than that for the Quality Engineer.