MS244 – Purchasing Assistant
Salary: £21,950 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Purchasing Assistant.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Purchasing Assistant:
- To purchase supplies (as requested by Team Leaders) at the standard price or lower and ensure it is delivered on time to a high standard of quality.
- To maintain agreed stock levels.
- Negotiate deals with suppliers, expediting materials from suppliers.
- Running of an outstanding purchase order – chasing any late or upcoming orders.
- Creating and modifying subcontract purchase orders.
- Maintaining the approved supplier list.
- Receiving goods.
- Reject goods on suppliers when not to an acceptable quality standard with the assistance of the QA.
- Compiling various excel spreadsheets where needed.
- Attending production meeting to answer any queries regarding deliveries of materials/items.
- Completing manufacturing orders.
- Booking customer orders out.
- Answering phone – either from customers or suppliers.
- Auditing parts master list putting delete in front of parts not shipped for more than 5 years.
- Backing up dispatch camera.
- Induction of new employees.
- Crimson report – logging onto Zurich engineering to upload report.
- Oversee the sample area (once competent within the role).
- First Aid
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Reliable and honest.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team building skills.
- Organisational abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- First Aid Qualification.
- Good phone skills.
- Microsoft skills.