Project Planning Manager
JS255 – Project Planning Manager
Salary: Circa £70,000 – £80,000
Following continued growth and success over the last few years my client is now seeking an experienced Project Planning Manager to lead and continue to grow their ever evolving, installation team.
The role will be responsible for overseeing the installation and commissioning of electro-mechanical solutions, ensuring that these are delivered efficiently, with minimal customer disruption, and to agreed quality, timescales, and budget. As part of the role, the identification and delivery of process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs, whilst improving quality and reducing client disruption , supporting continued growth.
My client is not seeking industry specific knowledge, however the ability to assimilate and apply technical information is essential. Exceptional short, medium and long term Project Planning experience is essential, as is the ability to manage a diverse team of subject matter experts.
My client actively encourages applications from former military leaders, however all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Deliver agreed outcomes to Quality, Time, and Budget.
- Planning all necessary actions including creation of resource plans, commissioning plans/documentation, rehearsals, and commissioning in a safety related environment.
- Minimising disruption to clients during commissioning’s.
- Maximising the effectiveness of internal resources whilst also maximising business flexibility and ability to respond to variable workloads.
- Ensure all works are carried out safely.
- Manage and mitigate installation and commissioning risks.
- Proactively liasing with the programme team and management of the customer interface regarding commissioning.
- Support the business in moving to a procedures and assurance process that better reflects and accommodates delivery of their software-driven solutions.
- Move towards output-based measurements and a flexible team-based approach.
- Focus on engineering activities that truly add value and eliminate non-value adding tasks.
- Optimise the number/duration of site visits required to effectively achieve the desired outcomes.
- Develop and maintain appropriate task/competency matrices and resource capability.
- Implement the company’s personal development review process and identify training/development needs.
- Promote team working, active collaboration and involvement in improvement initiatives.
- To ensure that the Deployment team works efficiently with the Engineering team and other Directorates and that the interfaces are understood and managed proactively.
Skills and Experience :
- A passionate, engaging leader who inspires those around them.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence and deliver change.
- Strong supportive leadership skills, with multiple modes of managing through probing questioning, coaching and challenging, to support collective goals.
- Experience in successfully delivering change through continuous improvement techniques and a strong understanding of best practices.
- Truly understands what it means to be accountable.
- Resilient and thrives on getting the job done with the team to drive our success.
- Exposes and proactively manages risks and change processes.
- Balances strong delivery focus with an understanding of scope and contractual obligations.
- Whilst experience in safety-related environments, and an understanding of project delivery and product development methodologies is desirable it is not essential.
Salary: Circa £70,000 – £80,000