Project Manager – Mechanical
JA951 – Project Manager – Mechanical
Location – Glasgow
Salary – Competitive + Car/Allowance
Hours – Fulltime
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager – Mechanical to join our client’s Building Services team. The successful Project Manager will liaise with customers, providing them with a quality service with the provision of profitability to the business
Aims and Objectives
- To consistently deliver the companies “Management Expectations” successfully across all key areas, managing and supporting individuals and teams that are under your control to meet and exceed business performance targets.
- Deliver work packages safely, within budget, on time and to specification
- Control costs and maintaining profitability
- Customer satisfaction and employee care
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To manage the successful completion of the project/area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
- To maintain positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- To ensure design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
- To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to Senior Management
- To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
- To lead, motivate and develop site-based team/s
- To manage and control site-based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- To gain new opportunities through existing and customer base i.e., additional core contracts, extra works, total facilities opportunities
- To provide technical support to the customer and site-based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
- To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the business unit and business as a whole
- Other duties as required by Management.
Occasional Allied Duties
- Carry out staff appraisals for managers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Production and maintenance of a regional management succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan are implemented
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent but will preferably have attained chartered engineer status and hold a relevant degree or equivalent
- Applicants should possess senior management experience combined with good Mechanical technical knowledge.
- Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationship/s
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines
- Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
- Ability to provide effective management skills to site-based team/s.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills