Project Manager – Fire & Security Systems
JA1089 – Project Manager – Fire & Security Industry
Location – Glasgow
Salary – £Competitive
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join our client’s Fire & Security Business on the Installation Team. The successful candidate will have Management/Supervisory experience within the Fire and Security Industry and be capable of taking jobs from design stage to client handover, ensuring that they are delivered on time, safely, within budget and to the client’s requirements.
Aims and Objectives:
- To develop the client relationship by delivering quality jobs to meet deadlines
- To work with subcontractors ensuring that they work to the high standards required
- To ensure that our employees along with other affected by our actions are always safe by ensuring the best H & S policies are adhered to
- To ensure that all required information is available to the service department
- To keep or enhance the job margins
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure the effective management and execution of Company policies and procedures, which include Health and Safety and Quality Assurance in the delivery of contracts.
- Liaison and control of Commissioning Technician/subcontractor, to confirm that they are complying with the Company’s policies and procedures, which include but are not limited to Health & Safety/Quality Assurance /British Standards and UK codes of practice.
- The liaise with the design team/manufactures for technical support to ensure that the specified equipment is fit for purpose and meeting the clients’ expectations
- Seek continuous improvement on the delivery of the service to the customer, which includes:
- Man, management, and motivation
- Health, Safety, and security
- Financial performance of contract
- Client liaison and satisfaction
- Evaluation of workloads against manpower requirements
- Identify training needs of the Commissioning Technician/apprentices
- Establish Contract specific local procedures which will include emergency and escalation processes, as necessary in the delivery of the service.
- Manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of the financial status to the operations manager and commercial team.
- Gain new business through the existing Client base, e.g., additional core business contracts, extra project works, total facilities opportunities.
- Provide tendering facilities for extra Project works to suit client requirements, liaising with the operations manager and Commercial team and the appropriate internal departments and other service providers. This will include the following
- Contract Terms and Conditions
- Design responsibility and management
- C.D.M (when applicable)
- Financial Control including the provision of applications
- Project management
- Delivery of the Project to established parameters, programme/quality/profit
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
- Occasional Allied Duties
- Carry out staff appraisals for Commissioning Technician who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Health & Safety
- All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Complete monthly health and safety visits
Skills & Experience:
- Industry experience
- H&S Regulations knowledge
- PC Literate with Microsoft Word & Excel experience
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience working in fire and security industry
- 5-10 years Industry experience
- Supervisory / Management experience
- Experience installing/commissioning fire and security systems