MS149 – Project Manager
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Project Manager to join a growing and successful company located in Chippenham.
The successful candidate is required to be on site 2 / 5 days per week, and from home / the workshop for the remaining 3 days.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings and budget.
- To lead and motivate project teams.
- Liaising with designers & joiners, keeping everyone up to date with the progress of the project.
- Tracking expenses as well as deliveries.
- Update the planning schedule daily.
- Be available to deal with any unexpected problems or delays that may occur in the Projects team.
- Manging the site & installation 2 days per week.
- Completing site surveys.
- Keeping in contact with Clients regarding the progress of the project.
- Delivering continual improvement in H&S.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in the same / similar position.
- Will have to be an individual with high responsibility level, takes ownership of matters, good planning & multitasking experience, effective communicator and basically a flexible individual who can take decisions and make things happen.
- Considerable experience within a carpentry / joinery / manufacturing / production background.
- Must be flexible & willing to stay away from home during project installations.
- Must be able to read and understand technical plans and drawings and to communicate clearly with all parties.
- Must be IT literate and eager to use IT rather than paper.
- Must be confident, consultative and respectful when talking to clients, contractors and site visitors.
- Must deal well under pressure & to tight schedules.
- Experience using CAD (desirable).
- Highly-skilled at leading and developing a team.