Project Engineer – Ductwork
JA789 – Project Engineer – Ductwork
Location – Scotland – Central Belt
Salary – DOE
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for our clients Ductwork business based in the Central Belt. The successful candidate will support and assist the Department Contracts Manager with all aspects of project/s, responsible for the effective client relationship management to achieve smooth operational and commercial progression of the project.
- Ensure all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and Welfare are implemented.
- Assist in the coordination of all facets of a specific project from contract signature, through all phases until handover to the end user.
- Ensure that all related design information is correctly and fully audited to secure overall compliance with the defined employer’s requirement and all statutory regulations.
- Ensure that complete and comprehensive installation standard records are collated and maintained covering all aspects of quality control system / equipment testing, water.
- In conjunction with the contracts manager monitor closely all commercial and contractual matters to ensure that contractual obligations are correctly fulfilled without deviation and that expenditure is contained within defined budget constraints
- In conjunction with contract manager prepare accurate weekly progress reports
- Attend on site meetings, as and when required.
- Prepare Operation & Maintenance Manuals to ensure that the first draft is prepared in complete form.
- Provide technical support and expertise to the internal project team.
- Maintain Customer focus involving close working relationships with the client and working partners.
- Manage variation costing and control with contracts manager and main contractor.
- Assist in the handover to client and after care.
- Work as directed by the Contracts Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in related engineering subject
- Knowledge of construction, installation and commissioning sequences and practice
- Knowledge of process operation, statutory compliance, and reporting processes
- Proficient knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
- Confident and well organised
- Results driven.
- High level of communication, control, organising, motivational and management skills.
- Proactive and committed.
- Collaborative and team oriented, able to delegate comfortably.
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate trust in the team.
- Adaptable to change.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills.