Production Technician [nightshift]
MM550 – Technician [Nights]
Location – Wellingborough
MachineTechnician required for our market leading client within their Wellingborough site to work on set rota 3 on 3 off constant nights 12 hr shifts.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Technician will be accountable and responsible for the throughput and maintenance of the tray washing process machinery. Ensure its full and reliable production capability and the monitoring of CCP’s for the wash process. Problem solving, continuous improvement and preventative maintenance schedules are a key requirement to this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure efficient running of the tray washing process and equipment, limiting unplanned downtime is the core responsibility of this role.
- Be accountable and responsible for the condition and reliability of the production equipment, this includes the equipment performing its function in a safe manner (all guards in place etc)
- The ability to identify potential issues before they happen and have the skills to rectify/avoid unplanned stoppages. Making short term fixes where necessary and then planning in the long term fix.
- High quality of work, testing and checking after work is completed to avoid repeated returns to the same issue.
- Be able to work with a minimum of supervision, having the skills to rectify issues as required.
- Has the skills and foresight to see continuous improvement opportunities within the process
- Record and monitor quality process parameters, required levels are clearly defined (TF024), the monitoring and reporting of these parameters and any issues are paramount to our quality commitments.
- Carry out preventative maintenance correctly and maintain records accordingly
- Work with all of the maintenance team, passing over all information of any issues to the other shifts
- Work with the machine minder, making sure there is communication
Experience and skills required
- Production experience
- Basic machine maintenance experience