JA1092 – Production Area Leader – Final Make up.
Location – Hawick
Salary – £24-£27.5K DOE
We are currently recruiting for an Area Lead/Production Supervisor to join our client’s manufacturing business. Successful candidate will preferably have production/manufacturing industry experience but most importantly be able to organise and manage a small work force to ensure all targets are met.
The Area Leader is responsible for enhancing performance over time in respect of individuals and department efficiency, quality and delivering the daily/weekly targets in line with the production plan. In addition will manage the resources, development of operator skills and provide input in to process improvement projects by identifying opportunities to continue to enhance overall manufacturing facility efficiency.
- Liaising with the Process Manager to effectively produce the required amount of quality product as detailed in the production plan and related to specific KPIs such as attainment to plan, waste, overhead recovery, labour costs and team absence.
- Liaising and supporting the work distributor and Planning Manager, to produce the required products in line with the daily/weekly plan.
- Processing and liaising with Payroll/HR to submit daily worksheets, review time & attendance, clarify and authorise any exceptions.
- Liaise with Industrialisation regarding new styles coming into section.
- Manage holiday working requests with Process manager
- Manage any work ticket amendments in a timely manner
- Maintaining the most effective, motivated Team, deliver a multi-skilling plan to create greater flexibility and efficiency. Liaise with HR/Training function to ensure the skills of all employees are optimised.
- Effectively managing and maintaining high standards of monthly housekeeping inspections, good GMP, investigating and eliminating all areas of poor practice or performance and where necessary reviewing these with the Process Manager.
- Support Process Manager with the implementation of projects in his/her area.
- Taking an active part in the cross-functional team, championing manufacturing excellence and practising continuous improvement as a way of life.
- Optimising the efficiency of each section through regular discussion, problem solving and contact with other Area leaders, Work distributor, Quality and Planning through cross functional team working.
- Liaising with the Quality Department ensuring that the production area meets all Barrie Knitwear quality standards for the department and that all production quality documentation is accurately completed to the required standard in a timely manner.
- Work together on resolving any quality issues related to process/operative.
- Manage ODM process from planning of ODM to deliveries, accuracy of stocks, layup of ODM process by style priority for production. Responsible for highlighting any issues with ODM and liaising with planning to resolve.
- Managing health and safety within the production area, including the regular review of risk assessments/completion of outstanding actions, accident investigations, progression of Occupational Health monitoring to ensure Company standards are maintained and that risk reduction measures are developed on a continuous improvement basis. Supporting the Emergency Evacuation of the site in the event of a major incident on site
- Liaising with the Process Manager, Quality, and Industrial Engineers to investigate and implement product performance improvements and cost savings/reductions through improvements in processes, labour, and materials.
- Managing any employee relations issues by ensuring that all decisions and actions taken are consistent, fair, and reasonable. Liaising with HR Advisor, ensuring issues of absence (return to work process), grievance or a disciplinary nature are effectively investigated and dealt with professionally within our procedures and ACAS codes of practice.
- Setting and leading by example, positively demonstrating the Company values.