Procurement Specialist – Plant & Fleet
DC383 – Procurement Specialist – Plant & Fleet
Location – Doncaster
Salary – £Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an experienced Procurement Specialist, specialising in Plant and Fleet, to join their team in Doncaster. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Procurement Manager in the development and implementation of procurement policy and procedures and to provide procurement advice, ensuring the Health and Safety of staff, liaising with approved suppliers/contractors, the minimisation of impact to the environment, and achieving expectations in terms of service and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the procurement of a variety of plant and vehicle requirements, including management of the supplier base and appropriate contracts / terms and conditions.
- Provide advice and assistance relating to plant and vehicle procurement in the preparation of bids and tenders.
- Identify opportunities to effect common purchasing, secure synergies and create value through procurement initiatives.
- Assist in the identification of suitable suppliers, PQQ, preparation of specification, contracts, and evaluation criteria for all tenders in accordance with group policies.
- Review quotations and negotiate prices with key suppliers.
- Provide advice on suitable contracts for the procurement of key projects and assist in technical review of projects ensuring feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to implement group-wide contracts (where of benefit to business).
- Review of current contracts / agreements to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness.
- Assist in the development of procurement policies and procedures.
- Provide support, advice, and training to business managers in respect of all procurement activities.
- Integration, review, and maintenance of group supplier base, maximizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Work closely with the SHEQ team to ensure suppliers comply with group requirements in respect of health & safety and environmental issues.
- Manage supplier relationships in order to achieve maximum efficiency / benefit.
- Address and resolve procurement problems, challenging under-performing suppliers and taking robust action to remedy issues / prevent recurrence.
- Monitor and analyse all purchasing activity.
- Identify, pursue and deliver cost savings and efficiencies.
- Assist in the development of business systems and processes to deliver effective procurement.
- Manage ad-hoc procurement issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Current knowledge of best practice in Procurement [essential].
- Ideally educated to “A” Level standard.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement and contract management [essential].
- Experience of purchasing of commodities, services and capital projects [essential].
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience with plant and vehicle procurement [highly desirable].
- CIPS qualification [highly desirable].
- Self-motivated, capable of working in a team and independently.
- Able to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to business requirements and working to close deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively / offer advice and support at all levels within an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties.
In return our client offer:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (TBC).
- Pension scheme and life insurance.
- Other benefits.