JA761 – Procurement Manager
Location – Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Day Rate – £335day based on 200 days worked out of 365
Contract – Up to 12 months
We are currently recruiting for a Sub Contract Procurement Manager to join our client’s team in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will contribute to and supervise the commercial/procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets.
To ensure all legally binding Company commitments are agreed in accordance with Company systems, policies and procedures.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE EX-MILITARY FOR THIS ROLE BUT YOU MUST BE A BRITISH CITIZEN DUE TO VISA AND CONTRACT RESTRICTIONS .
OBJECTIVE & OUTLINE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Produce a full range of contractual documentation for assigned areas in line with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Lead or participate in contract/ subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations
- Manage contracts/ subcontracts, ensuring the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders for subcontractors/suppliers in accordance with established procurement policies, issue requests for proposals and verify invoices prior to payment.
- Support and implement pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas, in accordance with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Support and implement overall financial targets and budgetary management strategies in assigned areas
- Manage potential areas of risk and carry out risk analyses and assessments to support the minimisation of risk.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements.
- Manage the resolution of procurement issues to facilitate effective business decision-making.
- Convene and support business reviews with suppliers to ensure that quality, delivery and cost targets are achieved.
- Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of the Functional Governance Manual and the Procurement Manual and communicate/implement them in assigned area to deliver strong governance and business effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with and research new commercial/procurement developments in assigned areas and assist in assessing their advantage to the company.
- Liaison with senior stakeholders within internal and external customer community.
- Actively support interfaces with Finance, Legal, HR and Group Tax to establish effective contracting and pricing models.
- Tender analysis and administration.
- Develop and maintain Procurement plans in support of LCM.
CORE FOCUS AREAS/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To contribute to and manage the procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets.
- To ensure all legally binding Company commitments are agreed in accordance with policies and procedures.
OUTLINE QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & BUSINESS EXPERTISE:
- Relevant Degree or equivalent and c. 7+ years procurement experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial/ commercial/procurement policies
- A good working knowledge of Life Cycle Management
- A strong track record of contributing to the management of contractual issues
- A thorough understanding and comprehension of Contracts Law
- Wide ranging experience of dealing with domestic and international suppliers
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Set Direction & Deliver Results
- Drives Strategic Growth – Proactively makes changes to improve business performance
- Partners with Customers – Adapts solutions for customers to meet their requirements
- Generates New Ideas – Engages others in new ways of working and problem solving
Take Others With You
- Understands and Develops Self – Proactively develops self and communicates effectively in challenging situations