JS320 – Procurement Manager
Salary: ££ Competitive
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Procurement Manager on a on behalf of one of our national clients. This is a remote based role with office visits when required in Northampton.
The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in developing, negotiating, agreeing and implementing new service contracts within principally the public sector. However, will from time to time be required to assist on a variety of service contracts. This will include pre-qualification stages, restricted tender processes, procurement through competitive dialogue and where appropriate negotiated contracts and/or extensions to contracts. The post holder in so doing will liaise closely with the Heads of Regional Development, Regional Operation Managers, and other support departments such as Estates, SHEQ, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Operations.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise project/programme teams.
- Responsible for the interpretation, development, negotiation and submission of project plans, tender proposals, and contract documentation.
- Coordinate the development, negotiation, agreement and implementation of new service contracts and extensions of contract where allocated. This will require establishing close working relationships with other supporting functions such as Estates and Planning, Legal, Technical, SHEQ, and Financial, and where necessary the selection, appointment, management and control of external advisors.
- Prepare, submit and present project development documentation/papers for approval to the Executive Committee and/or Approval Committee.
- Support the wider business to establish, maintain and manage good customer relationships.
- Ensure through training and motivation that the standards of staff knowledge and performance are enhanced to the benefit of the employees and the company.
- Comply with and assist in the implementation of HR policies and the development of training plans.
- Liaise closely with Regional Development Management and Regional Operations Managers and there teams.
- Liaise closely with other Departments (Fleet, SHEQ, Technical, Estates & Planning, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, etc.).
- Produce detailed service designs for individual projects with justifications.
- Take responsibility for the development and preparation of Project Delivery Plans, Tender Proposals and Contract Documentation.
- Take responsibility for the Quality submission and ensure continuous improvement in their presentation.
- Manage and monitor the project/programme Delivery Plans.
- Implement and maintain all development procedures and systems and ensure that these are embedded and used across all projects/programmes.
- Supervise and manage project teams and provide monthly reporting requirements.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly educated with a proven track record in similar Senior Procurement role with a proven track record in the delivery of projects/programmes in excess of £5m CAPEX.
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to project development, preferably within a Waste Management environment. With considerable previous experience and track record in the successful delivery of project development programmes, to time, budget and specification.
- Suitably qualified in and with a proven track record and experience in the application of sound project development and project management techniques.
- Experienced in the preparation of project proposals (technical, financial and legal) and documentation to a high standard.
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint.
Salary: Circa £60,000