Principle Electrical Engineer (HV) – 4 on 4 off
EY86 Principle Electrical Engineer (HV) – 4 on 4 off
Salary: £47,250 per Annum
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Principal Electrical Engineer (HV & Power).
To supervise and lead a team of in-house Engineers to proactively carry out the designated tasks and duties associated with the position in a safe & efficient manner.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of High Voltage (HV) electrical power installations, incoming main utility supplies, Generators, Boilers, Dewatering systems, all related systems, and any other specialist equipment. This will be on a 4 on 4 off basis working 7:30am – 7:30pm.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Principal Technician HV & Power:
- Ensure the reliable and constant provision of power to the facilities.
- Be a High Voltage (HV) Authorised Person for the facility and maintain all other relevant qualifications as required.
- Carry out HV Switching and for maintenance shutdowns which will be conducted during nightshifts.
- Comply with all H&S requirements and maintain training/records as required.
- Support the Management of HV & Power Systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure asset registers are regularly updated and work with the Help Desk Manager to ensure all equipment requiring planned and reactive maintenance are accurately detailed on the PPM system.
- Ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety Regulations and any other Legal requirements.
- Support Sustainability initiatives including low-carbon objectives as set by the business.
- To identify energy saving opportunities and lead on their implementation.
- Advise in the development of PPM schedules, including a continuous review of maintenance procedures and periods.
- To control, monitor and prioritise all work schedules, in accordance with the FM (PlanOn).
- System procedures ensuring the section meet the Department wide KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Assist the Management team in setting capital and revenue budgets, including longer-term strategies to for resilience, and in developing engineering strategies for the Team.
- To report all Behavioural, Security or H&S issues to the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that the Team provides 24/7 365 days a year cover for the business.
- Provide support for the wider Engineering team.
- Help deliver and review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for the engineering department.
- Implement necessary team meetings and contractor meetings, as deemed necessary.
- To keep within budgetary constraints with regards to works costs and timescales for both in-house and external Contractors.
- To manage, monitor and continually develop own knowledge and that of the Team in line with industry best practice.
- Implement performance reviews for the team as required and in accordance with the company’s policies and guidelines.
- To give technical support and complete ad-hoc works as required by the Engineering Management Team.
- Assist the management team in decision making regarding in sourcing specific project tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The role requires a good level of physical fitness as there will be some lifting and working on step ladders in this role.
- Fault finding on control panels.
- The role is on a 4 on 4 off shift rotation, with a requirement to carry out night shifts throughout the year to complete specific tasks.
- Suitably qualified and possess technical knowledge and experience of similar facilities and systems.
- Familiar with BS and relevant regulations.
- Self-motivated, confident, and eager to learn.
- Able to work on own initiative, adapt to changing situations and remain calm/effective when under pressure.
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Electrical with mechanical background or pipefitting.