Preparation Painter/PDI Engineer
AR148 – Preparation Painter/PDI Engineer
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Semi-Skilled Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the preparation and repainting of materials handling equipment and complete pre-delivery inspection on all new equipment to preset standards prior to despatch to customer or dealer. Ensure best practice with quality and professionalism are met at all times. Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of pre-delivery inspection on all new equipment to preset standards prior to despatch to customer or dealer.
- Maintain and prepare demo fleet equipment as necessary for customer/dealer requirements.
- Maintain charge levels of traction batteries for the stock of electric powered equipment.
- Keep non-utilised/non-recoverable time to a minimum by liaising closely with the Equipment Preparation Manager.
- Submit detailed parts requisitions, providing all information required for the computer job records and ensure the correct parts are ordered accurately and on a timely basis.
- To ensure that any defective tooling or equipment is brought to the immediate attention of the Workshop Senior Engineer or Equipment Preparation Manager.
- Ensure that all documentation (including completed job sheets, time sheets, etc.) are fully completed as instructed, adhering to ISO9001:2000 procedure, and that they are passed to the admin department promptly.
- Always work safely in accordance with Safe Working Practice and H&S standards.
- Keeping the work area clean, tidy and organised in accordance with ISO14001 standards.
- Unloading of trucks, equipment, batteries, chargers etc. that relate to the department Inspection of above equipment upon arrival and to produce a ‘goods received note’.
- Inspect trucks coming into the process and in conjunction with the Equipment Preparation Manager, carry out machine preparation and repainting as required to agreed standard.
- Remove and refit parts and ancillaries as and when required.
- To identify any damage on trucks coming into the paint shop process, advising the Equipment Preparation Manager promptly and with timescales required to rectify.
- To keep non-utilised/recoverable time to a minimum by liaising closely with the Equipment Preparation Manager, and planning workload.
- Assist with the machine cleaning process as and when required.
- Submit detailed parts requisitions for materials, providing all information required for the computer job records and ensuring these are ordered accurately and on a timely basis.
- Keep work area clean and tidy.
- To ensure that any defective tooling or equipment is brought to the immediate attention of the Equipment Preparation Manager or Depot Manager.
- Ensure that all documentation (including completed job sheets, time sheets, etc.) are fully completed as instructed and adhere to company procedures.
- Ensure that all documentation is passed to the administrator promptly.
- Any such other duties as you may reasonably be required to perform within the scope of your knowledge skills and ability
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Good communication skills with the ability to accurately complete paperwork.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Willingness to learn and attend training courses.
Salary: £19,000 – £24,000