MM456: Port Operative
Salary: £24,522 enhanced by annual bonus payments
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client, a leading port operating company who provides capability to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to maintain National Security to recruit Port Operatives to support port operations.
A varied cargo operations role supporting the MoD in both the UK and overseas. Applicants will be trained (in company time) to become Sponsored Reserves (SR) gaining valuable experience in both the MoD and civilian environment. This exciting and varied role offers a 40-hour working week with long term job stability.
- Mooring of vessels
- Loading/unloading and securing cargo
- Use of specialised heavy plant and machinery
- Opportunities to deploy worldwide on short assignments (2-5 days)
- Opportunities to deploy worldwide for long durations (up to 6 months)
- 5 years UK residency
- Valid passport with 6 months remaining at all times
- Full, valid UK driving licence
- Physically and medically fit
- Pass UK Government Security Clearance
- Previous military and/or stevedoring experience
- GCSE: English and Mathematics or undertake entry level 3 Literacy and numeracy tests
Salary and Bonuses
- £24,522 per annum, plus the opportunity to receive the following bonuses.
- On completion of training: £2,300
- After Year 1: £444
- After Year 2: £982
- After Year 3 & 4: £1,517
- After Year 5 and onwards £1,759
- In addition, for working abroad, individuals will receive a further payment of £1,000 per month or pro-rata whilst working away (up to a maximum of £6,000 for a 6-month deployment).
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay – on completion of probationary period
- Free parking
- Access to free gym
- Medical cover (upon mobilisation)