Location : Sevenoaks, Kent, England
Job Ref : AL257
Consultant : Alex Lyons
Sector : EW
Salary : £10.59 - 10.59 per hour
AL257: Plant Operator
Salary: £10.59 ph
- Operate appropriate machinery and plant, as required, to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the site at all times.
- Ensuring that plant and machinery is maintained to required standards, including daily & weekly checks, refueling, lubrication and greasing, and that defects and breakdowns are promptly recorded and reported.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout your activities, including keeping working area tidy and access to walkways and emergency exits clear.
- Checking of incoming loads, ensuring compliance with site license and permitted waste types.
- Immediately report: any contamination or non-conforming wastes delivered to site; accidents, incidents, and near misses; environmental hazards; health & safety breaches to the appropriate Manager.
- Ensure appropriate safety equipment and PPE is used at all times.
- Undertake any training necessary to perform other tasks including operation of other plant and equipment and/or supervisory duties.
- Manual Handling activities to assist in waste management activities
- Assist other operatives upon request and when authorised by your Supervisor.
- To carry out other operational duties where necessary for business continuity.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience operating either 360 Excavators, Shovels or Telehandlers.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Good communications skills
Salary: £10.59 ph