Planning and Byelaw Officer
MM578: Planning and Byelaw Officer
Location: Manby, Lincolnshire
First Military Recruitment is working on partnership with our client to recruit a Planning and Byelaw Officer to join their team in Manby. Our client has been in existence since the 1930’s, protecting land, property and life against flooding from the sea and rivers. They maintain over 900km of arterial watercourses and pumping stations.
Planning and development is an ever increasing and important role within our organisation to ensure there is no adverse impact on land drainage within our catchment areas and to find effective solutions to support and enable development.
The Planning and Byelaw Officer will be responsible for responding to planning applications, dealing with applications for Section 23 and Byelaw consent in line with the policies, and taking enforcement action where necessary. A sound knowledge of planning legislation is desirable together with an understanding of the Land Drainage Act 1991 and the Byelaws.
The postholder will deal primarily with two Drainage Board areas, but will also provide support to the Planning and Development Control Officer across the whole of the Consortium’s area.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience and a qualification in a civil engineering discipline.
Skills and experience required
- Understanding of the planning process and byelaws
- Sound technical ability
- Understanding of surface water drainage
- Awareness of environmental implications
- Engineering and surveying knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical experience
- Well organised and able to prioritise
- Willing to travel
Our client offers
- Hours of work – 37 per week
- Nine-day working fortnight (Every 2nd Friday off)
- Annual Holiday Entitlement – 23 days per annum rising to 27 after five years
- All bank holidays plus three extra statutory days
- Pension – Local Government Superannuation Scheme
- Salary – Depends on qualification and experience
- Company commercial vehicle