MS170 – PCV Driver
Salary: £10.75 per hour
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for an PCV Driver.
A bus driver is responsible for driving a passenger carrying vehicle (PCV), providing good customer service and a safe and comfortable journey.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that speed limits are observed within bus depots, bus stations and on road.
- To check the condition of the vehicle prior to commencing service.
- To drive the Company’s vehicles in a safe, legal and professional way.
- To drive to the set timetable, not running early or late.
- To accurately use the ticket machine and the driver telematics system.
- To keep cash secure and safe within the driver cab at all times.
- To ensure all cash is accurately paid into the appropriate location in accordance with the Company procedures.
- To display the correct destination on the vehicle’s destination blind at all times.
- To keep up to date with road closures, diversions or special events which may affect bus services.
- To keep up to date with any changes to condition of travel, ticket types, fares or promotions.
- To comply with the laws and company regulations regarding the use of mobile phones.
- To ensure all safety accidents/incidents are reported using the company’s reporting procedure.
- To ensure your bus cab area is kept in a safe and tidy condition at all times.
- To provide a high standard of customer service at all times.
- To recognise and assist with the additional needs of children and vulnerable adults, older people or disabled people.
- To report for work at the correct time and location with the correct equipment.
- To ensure that the relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- To ensure that a valid driving licence is held.
- Valid Drivers Qualification Card – CPC.
- Complete a satisfactory Medical Assessment.
- Able to clear an Enhanced DBS check where contractually required.
- No bans in last 10 years or more than 6 points on your license.