Operatives [Highways Estates]
MM474 – Operatives [Highways Estates]
Location – Cambridge or East Anglia
Hourly rate – Depends on Experience and Certification
Contract type – Temporary to Permanent
Perceptive Recruitment is working in Partnership with our client to recruit 6 Highways Estates Operatives to join their team in Cambridge covering the Eastern Region. This is initially a temporary role but will become permanent for the right person after approximately 13 weeks.
Covering the soft estate on the strategic highways, your role will predominantly include cyclical grass cutting, herbicide treatment, arboriculture and planting schemes.
Operatives will work in a team under the supervision of a working supervisor to help deliver all contractual obligations to an exceptional standard.
The work is approx 60% night shift, however enhanced rates are paid for this
The candidate should be experienced in highways soft estate works.
A good understanding of Health & Safety is essential.
You must have as a minimum CSCS card as training can be provided for proactive candidates with the right attitude.
Desired qualifications / certificates
(training will be provided for the right candidates)
- Lantra Tractor Driving
- Lantra Arm Mounted Cutting Equipment / Flail
- Lantra Brush Cutter / Strimmer
- NPTC Pesticides PA1 & PA6A
- NPTC Pesticides PA2
- NPTC Chainsaw CS30, CS31a, CS31b, CS38 & CS39
- NPTC Chainsaw from a MEWP CS47
- NPTC Brushwood Chippers
- IPAF – MEWPS
- Full driving licence B+E
- HGV Class 2
- Lantra Winter Maintenance
- Lantra Fencing
- Lantra Traffic Maintenance 12a/12b/12c/12d
In Return our client offers
- Great pay rates based on experience
- Travel time paid at hourly rate and generally is an extra 2 hrs total per day
- Stable employment
- Training and Development opportunities