Operations Technician (Landfill Gas)
MS181 – Operations Technician (Landfill Gas)
Location: Alexandria, Scotland
Salary: £32,552 to £36,863 per annum + company vehicle & benefits
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Operations Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for being under the supervision of the Area Manager, you will complete the day to day operations of the gas field and generators at the assigned sites in order to achieve maximum electrical output, whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that safe working practises and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work.
- Assist with the implementing and supervising of health, safety and quality procedures at sites.
- Assist with planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance of the generator sets and all other associated plant and equipment.
- Provide backup and call out assistance to Operations Technicians at other sites.
- Complete accurate and concise record keeping of operations and maintenance.
- Ensure required gas field readings are made and issued on time to relevant personnel.
- Assist in the ordering of consumable parts items, including, lube oils, filters, spark plugs, fan belts, etc.
- Maintain adequate spare parts stock on assigned sites.
- Carry out routine stock takes of parts at site.
- Position is Monday to Friday- 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch.
- On-Call (once fully trained) – one in three/four weeks.
- Van supplied (reportable via HMRC).
Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have operations and maintenance experience, with reciprocating engines and/or the relating control systems.
- Be qualified to BTEC level or equivalent, preferably in a mechanical discipline or proven previous experience.
- This position requires a high degree of flexibility, self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work well as part of a team and at times work alone.
- This position has an On-Call requirement.