Operations Specialist [Waste Management]
MM606 – Operations Supervisor
Location – Bedfordshire
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working with our client to recruit an Operations Speicialist to join their team in Bedfordshire. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced operations manager with great leadership skills and both CPC and COTC certifications to join our leading waste and resource management organisation.
You’ll be playing a key leading role in the operation of our site in Bedfordshire, acting as an inspirational role model, vital decision maker and contract manager.
As an Operations Specialist, you will ensure the level of collections, cleansing and associated services are maintained for our Bedfordshire operations.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Contract is fulfilled to a high standard and vehicles are operating to maximum efficiency. Making sure work is completed on time, to specification and within the cost limits established, you will ensure that resources and personnel are utilised efficiently.
Additionally, you will:
- Carry out investigations for highlighted issues and incidents
- Implement health and safety policies
- Promote efficient cost-effective methods of working
- Ensure operations are compliant and quality and environmental systems are in place
- Monitor and control the operations to achieve budgeted revenue, operating profit and cash targets
- To be fully aware of planning consents, waste disposal permits and operator licences relating to the sites
- Ensure that safe systems of work are in place and all staff are trained in their application for all activities
To join us as an Operations Specialist, you will need:
- Experience of operational management, ideally within the waste or a similar industry
- A strong reputation for consistent delivery of projects on time and to budget
- Operational management experience in the environmental services sector
- Experience of preparing and working to budgets
- A Transport Manager CPC or be willing to work towards it
- To hold a COTC Waste Management Treatment/Transfer Level 4 or be willing to work towards it
- Proven ability as a line manager, including the ability to recruit, develop, motivate and control staff within a processing, extractive industry or utility environment
- To be numerate and IT literate, with the ability to use management information effectively
- Ideally educated to at least A level standard
Extensive knowledge of the Bedfordshire area would be beneficial to your application.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- 40hr working week Mon to Friday 7am to 4pm
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities