MM480 – Operations Manager
Location – Louth
Salary – £39,564 to £43,896
First Military Recruitment is working on partnership with our client to recruit an Operations Manage to join their team in Louth. Our client has been in existence since the 1930’s, protecting land, property and life against flooding from the sea and rivers. They maintain over 900km of arterial watercourses and pumping stations.
Summary of Duties:
Working directly to the Senior Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will organise the Direct Labour Organisation to ensure regular maintenance of the systems is undertaken to keep them functioning adequately and that all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the Direct Labour Organisation (DLO).
- Preparation of a detailed weekly programme of work and a monthly forward look.
- Routine watercourse maintenance of depots and pumping stations.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the DLO and the safe operation of plant and equipment.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the Foreman to ensure works are carried out in an efficient and sound manner.
- Organisation and planning of work.
- Check and sign off timesheets, plant sheets, invoices and stores documentation etc.
- Oversee and authorise the Incentive Scheme, monitoring productivity and bonus achieved.
- Undertake annual staff appraisals.
- Monitor skill set of DLO, identifying any gaps in training.
- Motivate and engage with the staff to ensure a positive culture within the workforce.
- Monitor progress and budgets; report progress.
- Manage Health and Safety and welfare of the team.
- Regularly monitor all priority watercourses prior to the weedcutting.
- Scope reforming work and prepare of bill of quantities and costing.
- Inspect watercourses with Environmental Officer.
- Carry out initial site inspections.
- Prepare draft responses to advise the Planning and Development Control Officer.
- Cost and arrange for private works.
- Liaise with the Environment Agency regarding main river maintenance, prepare costings and allocate resources and equipment if available.
- Prepare estimates for culverting/spoil spreading/construction works etc when required and submit tenders for work where necessary.
- Any other duties that from time to time you may be required to and are capable of carrying out.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Managerial experience at both operational and strategic level
- Experience and knowledge of the land drainage industry
- NRSWA qualification
- Relevant H&S Qualification
In return our client offers:
- Salary £39564 to £43896 DOE
- 26 Days annual holiday + all bank holidays plus 3 extra stats
- Superannuation pension
- 9 day working fortnight (no weekends)
- Commercial vehicle
- The opportunity to progress and develop within an organisation that values its staff