MS422 – Operations Manager
Location: Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will lead the Operations team to deliver high quality school trips overseas.
Your aim is quite simply to ensure the students and teachers have outstanding experiences.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Operations Manager:
- To manage and mentor the Operations Team, to ensure all itineraries are deliverable, in-budget and of the highest quality to achieve the company vision. This includes setting and oversight of the Operations Cycle.
- Line manage the Operations Team and help support planning for two destinations. This includes supporting in-country partners to organise all in-country logistical arrangements, with project work, seminars with United Nations agencies and international NGOs and outdoor activities such as mountain treks and snorkelling.
- Supervise all customer operations processes, including participant and school leader correspondence, payments, webpages and workshop logistics.
- Help support some Global Learning Workshops, Leader’s Workshops, Parents’ Information Evenings and Build Up Days.
- Advise and support the Manging Director in designing a new Global Learning Programme in synergy with the new marketing strategy.
- To oversee the selection and contracting of qualified leaders.
- To develop and implement Safety Management Policy and Procedures.
- To oversee the 24hr back-up duty management system.
- To ensure groups have appropriate safety equipment and manage group equipment orders.
- To supervise medical screening for participants with the medical consultant.
- Ensure the Destination Managers complete the contracting and auditing with ground partners in good time prior to trip departures.
- Source and secure appropriate travel insurance policies at renewal.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in project management, planning and coordination, with excellent administration skills, including budget management and logistics.
- Self-confident with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in managing Safety Management Systems.
- Excellent time management skills – ability to work to tight deadlines under own initiative without direct supervision and with very good attention to detail.
- Team player, happy to work in small business where everyone has to be ‘hands on’.
- Positive, flexible and a proactive problem-solver.
- Passion for outdoor education, environmental protection and international development.
- Willing to work some evenings and travel as required (time off in lieu will be given).
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience (Desired).
- Overseas expedition and/or volunteer experience in developing countries (Desired).
- Management experience with an expedition company or within the travel industry or equivalent professional experience (Desired).
- Experience in managing outdoor activities with young people (Desired).
- 22 days annual leave per year, plus extra holiday between Christmas and New Year.
- Personal development training courses and overseas travel opportunities to set up new projects and fieldwork.
- Time off In Lieu (TOIL) Policy.
- Private healthcare and workplace pension.