DC231 – FBO Operations Manager
Location – Glasgow
Salary – £DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and managing all day to day aspects of the Company’s ‘Fixed-Base Operator’ (FBO) operations, both airside and landside. The role will ensure upkeep and compliance with the Company’s Operations Manual and applicable Regulatory Authorities under whose register the company operates.
The overall purpose of this role is to deliver safe, efficient and timely services to the Company’s clients, ensuring a high level of communication and exceptional service to guests and management. The enforcement of Company procedures for safety and service will be a key focus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increasing and maintaining FBO capability.
- Strong performance management of all FBO staff.
- Striving to create and implement FBO procedures and standards.
- Manage the training of FBO staff to ensure all training is suitable and current.
- Oversee all external and internal FBO enquires, and responsible for ensuring prompt responses by the FBO with accurate and up-to-date information and costings.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing excellence in customer service for all Company customers and potential customers.
- Responsible for maintaining open channels of communication between the team members within the FBO.
- Smooth running and coordination between staff shifts within the FBO.
- Responsible for the day-to-day liaison with FBO Clients, VIP’s, CIP’s, aircraft management clients, Airport Authority staff and third party service providers, ensuring that the service the Company provides are accomplished efficiently.
- Oversee usage, and gain detailed understanding of Air Ops software.
- Promoting safety culture through SMS system.
- Drives accurate FBO revenue capture, and communicates new opportunities with Business Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Flexibility and willingness to work hours required to oversee movements is paramount.
- Experience of Airside and FBO Operation, with a “hands on” approach.
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience managing staff, day to day and appraisals.
- Capable of creating, updating and implementing procedures to the highest standard.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding on National and International aviation regulations and the effect on day to day operational requirements.
- 5-star Customer Service experience.
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional, personal and operational boundaries working in occasionally high-pressured scenarios.
- Ability to handle challenging and high stress situations.
- Proven excellence in dealing with complex operational issues.
- Proven track record in a similar role within the Business Aviation industry (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in managing flight operations and general ground management (desirable).
- Full valid Driving Licence.
- Must meet the requirement to hold a valid Airside Security Pass.
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Pension with up to 5% contributions matched.
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
*(subject to insurance underwriting)