Operations Manager (Rolling Contract)
AR162 – Operations Manager (Rolling Contract)
Salary: £36,000 – £44,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Operations Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
To develop, lead and manage operational staff ensuring that the resources and systems of the academy are deployed effectively and efficiently to achieve the educational aims of the establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver operationally in a high-expectations environment so that the principal and other senior leaders can focus on the delivery of a ground-breaking education vision without distraction.
- To be responsible for all aspects of H&S, Premises, Security, Safety and Lettings (where appropriate), Catering and Cleaning, with the support of the Operations Teams.
- To develop high quality systems and services throughout the network, offering support where required.
- To establish and maintain an effective hospitality and reception service for a wide range of contacts.
- To provide oversight of effective administration systems throughout the academy.
- To establish administrative systems and procedures for all departments within the academy, and to train and support staff to ensure that these systems and procedures are properly implemented and effectively controlled.
- Through the Premises Manager, to have full responsibility for managing and coordinating the academy’s transport arrangements, including the maintenance and use of academy-owned vehicles (if applicable).
- To ensure that the academy complies with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
- To line manage the Premises Manager in managing all aspects of premises management and security, including building maintenance, development of facilities, the Asset Register and health and safety compliance.
- To ensure the maintenance programs function effectively and within budget.
- To ensure appropriate reporting, monitoring and control systems relating to the academy’s internal building fabric and furniture, including the production and maintenance of an Asset Register.
- To be responsible for the management of security, during the school day and during any community use of the academy.
- Working with the Premises Manager to manage building projects, ensuring delivery within scope, time and finance and in accordance with the lease and statutory guidelines.
- To support the Premises Manager in the oversight of cleaning staff and ensuring that all cleaning duties are efficiently and thoroughly covered.
- To support the leadership team in developing the strategic approach for lettings and community links and lead on establishing links with the community in this regard.
- To manage the service / SLA delivery for ICT.
- To ensure all ICT assets are security-marked and maintained, through management of the ICT service provider.
- To have oversight of ICT technicians on site, the work they do and the priorities they set.
- To ensure that safeguarding is the top priority with regard to ICT usage within the academy.
- To line manage the Catering Manager in managing all aspects of catering service.
- To ensure effectiveness and quality of provision in accordance statutory guidance.
- To manage all designated staff to ensure they are motivated.
- To arrange or deliver training for the Operations Team.
- Support the school’s SLT in fostering a strong sense of academy community and ethos.
- Promote consistent implementation of behavior policy and system of rewards and sanctions.
- Act as a positive role model to staff and students.
- To ensure all DBS paperwork is in place for all external contractors before they come on site.
- To ensure that systems for monitoring and reporting are in operation.
- To manage operations budgets, with support from the Finance Manager.
- To provide necessary information as required.
- To support other school activities, invigilation and enrichment, where required.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Principal and your line manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent (essential).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable).
- Professional management qualifi