JM67 : Operations Manager.
As Operations Manager, the job holder is responsible for the development and manufacturing of specialist wheelbases and fully serviced customised seating and managing all operational aspects. The role encompasses planning, business development, people, contract, and centre management. The role is accountable for the operational profit and loss, with your key objectives surrounding the efficient and cohesive management of both the logistical and clinical services within the service centre. The right candidate would be familiar with working in a regulated manufacturing or workshop environment and ideally have a medical devices or healthcare background. Due to the small size of the operation, this role is varied role and therefore will be hands on within each department. Working with ISO9001 is essential and knowledge of ISO13485 is extremely desirable.
Management and Development:
- To build and manage strong relationships with the service users, customers, and suppliers.
- To take ownership of customer and service user complaints from point of contact to resolution and resolve them in a timely fashion.
- To support the General Manager in the delivery of the strategic change management programmes within the service.
- To support all governance and assurance activities as directed by management.
- To evolve the service by investigating more innovative and effective ways to deliver the current service management and additionally, revenue earning prospects.
- To accurately prepare documentation and reports for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders.• To show commercial awareness when representing the Company at contract and operational meetings.
- To define, set and review the standards, targets and expected levels of output for each department.
- To monitor team and individual performance against department and business objectives, taking appropriate action and consulting HR when necessary for the next course of action.
- To manage employee relations at a local level where possible and seeking advice from HR when necessary.
- To undertake team briefings, co-ordinate holiday leave requests, monitor and manage sickness levels, undertake one to ones and informal guidance, investigate potential disciplinary matters and be the first line support for their team.
- To manage resources and work volume to ensure requests are processed efficiently and queries are resolved within agreed timescales.
- To maintain effective control over all administration activity in order to achieve the required outcomes.
- To encourage the team to achieve results within a measurable and structured approach ensuring full accountability for problem resolution.
- To be creative in developing innovative strategies to increase productivity and drive performance of your team ensuring any performance issues are dealt with in conjunction with HR and in line with the performance management processes.
- To delegate and distribute workload and tasks as appropriate to other team members.
- To ensure that regular 1-2-1 meetings with the team are conducted to maintain focus and motivation ensuring Customer Service standards and targets are achieved.
- To conduct regular team meetings, to ensure that key points are communicated to all team members and ensure they are actioned appropriately.
- To co-ordinate and manage the day to day operation, implementing operational changes to positively impact the performance of all the contracts both in the short and long term.
- To participate in the recruitment of new staff members in conjunction with HR, including conducting interviews.
- To organise effective induction programmes for new employees in conjunction with the HR team.
- To provide leadership and mentoring to all managers.
- To manage, coach, lead, motivate and develop staff on a day to day basis; teaching and explaining to improve their individual knowledge.
- To ensure that training needs are identified, and relevant training is achieved in a timely manner as well as ensuring ongoing team training, in conjunction with the HR Team.
- To promote a learning and development environment, supporting and encouraging personal growth.
- To develop a supportive environment, promoting and strong work ethic and team collaboration.
- To develop your team, ensuring all team members are cross trained and provide customer