Occupational Health Advisor
DC229 – Occupational Health Advisor
Location – Ipswich / Colchester / Braintree / Chelmsford
Salary – £DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor to deliver high quality, professional and comprehensive occupational health (OH) services, which meet the needs of a diverse range of customers and their employees, achieving excellent customer satisfaction and customer retention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Deliver OH services to the required standard in accordance with Company procedures, specifications and timescales. Services fall into the following main categories:
- Health assessments.
- Health surveillance
- Management referrals.
- Health and Wellbeing awareness, promotion and training.
- Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that everything required to deliver the service is in place including equipment, clinical records, travel arrangements, stationery, client contact details and specific instructions.
- Accurate and full completion of all the correct and necessary health records and service documentation every time in accordance with Company procedures, including digital storage of information within the Company computer system.
- Safe storage, transfer and handling of all personal information including clinical notes to comply with GDPR requirements and Company procedures.
- Liaise regularly with the Clinical Services Manager/Service Scheduling and Admin Team Leader regarding availability to work, planning holidays as far in advance as possible, and accommodating the requirements of the Company and its customers.
- Proactive, respectful and clear communications whether through digital, verbal or written formats with customers, their employees and Company colleagues.
- Provide customers with workable and practicable solutions which progress and resolve cases.
- Discuss recommendations with customers wherever possible.
- Maintain high levels of client and business confidentiality abiding by data protection regulations and GOH procedures.
- Complete revalidation every three years to maintain NMC registration.
- Maintain clinical skills and knowledge by participating in scheduled training, workshops, conferences and team meetings, reading industry journals, attending OH events and undertaking on-line research.
- Manage and prioritise own time and activities effectively to ensure client services are delivered through agreed timeframes and the practitioner remains on top of administrative workload.
- Participate in meetings with Clinical Services Manager and Clinical team meetings to assist in providing clients with a consistent experience and to keep colleagues updated with important developments.
- Complete action points arising from meetings in a timely manner.
- Liaise and collaborate with the business development team regarding the successful and smooth introduction of new clients and identify any potential for additional business with existing clients or potential new clients.
- Work within requirements of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001) and other accreditations such as IIP, SEQOHS and CBH.
- Participate in Special Projects as requested by the Company from time to time and carry out any other reasonable request to assist with the smooth and successful running of the business.
- Be responsible for all aspects of personal health and safety. This includes identifying hazards/risks, adhering to lone working arrangements and attending training and assessment as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- NMC registration.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- Good time management skills, including the ability to see things through to completion.
- Good level of IT skills, including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook (and Powerpoint [desirable]).
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication and networking skills [desirable].
In return, our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Mileage at 45p per mile.
- Access to Employee Assistance Plan services.
- Great training opportunities in a supportive environment.